About Don A. Peterson, Attorney at Law
Business and consumer lawyer in Overland Park, Kansas
Don A. Peterson is a highly accomplished and analytical attorney with a proven track record of achievement in business and commercial law, claims management, litigation management, regulatory compliance, legal cost control, contract negotiations and strategic planning. He provides each client with an individualized case analysis that ensures timely and cost-effective resolution to a contract dispute or litigation. Don is a dedicated legal professional who continuously represents and defends a client in multiple areas of the law.
Clients appreciate Don’s one-man-shop approach to business litigation because they realize the attorney they hire is directly overseeing their case. Don’s pleasant personality masks a razor-sharp intellect that evaluates new issues in real time to ensure timely resolution in the client’s best interest. Based on lessons learned throughout your industry, he seeks to limit your business’ exposure to lawsuits, tax liabilities and other legal claims. Don realizes that no lawyer can operate as an island and actively pursues collaboration with your team members, utilizing their insight and perspective, to arrive at the best possible decision.
Before joining Walmart as Senior Associate General Counsel in 2005, Don was engaged in the general practice of law at Stigall, Lucas and Peterson, LLC in Kansas City, Mo. from 2000 to 2005. There, he managed aspects of day-to-day operation of the law firm and focused his private practice on corporate legal issues, general business law, civil litigation and workers’ compensation. His notable successes included:
- Tort litigation
- Representation of plaintiff in prosecution of wrongful death case to $1M verdict
- Commercial litigation
- Prosecution of a case against depository bank to jury that awarded the full amount of checks deposited and interest over $350,000, which the company’s bookkeeper had diverted to her account opened in a name similar to the company’s
- Workers’ compensation and employer liability
- Representation of claimants and employers in both Missouri and Kansas on workers’ compensation matters, including negotiation of lump sum settlements of permanent partial and permanent total claims
- Defense of employer liability claims, including defense of Quality Windows employer collateral to related MEMs workers’ compensation defense
Don has been licensed to practice law in Missouri since 1975 and in Kansas since 1991. He is a 1971 graduate of the University of Colorado at Boulder, where he earned his B.A. in political science, and a 1975 graduate, with distinction, of the University of Missouri School of Law at Kansas City. He is currently a member of the Missouri Bar Association, the Kansas Bar Association and the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
Call today to schedule a free case evaluation: 913.322.0322
Discuss your legal issue with Don A. Peterson at a free, no-risk, no-obligation initial consultation today. Call us at 913.322.0322 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. You have nothing to lose and only information to gain.